29 July 2011

Guest Blogger Michael Mandrake!

Hi, folks! Here's Michael Mandrake, gracing us with a character interview. Enjoy, and thanks for dropping by!


Character Interview
Michael Mandrake/Sire Jacobs

MM: Good morning fans and welcome to another blog post at Lindsay Klug’s from yours truly, Michael Mandrake. I’ve been everywhere this week-

Sire Jacobs: *clears his throat*

MM: (Michael looks at his guest and raises an eyebrow) Um, right, I have been everywhere but I suppose the most important appearance would be today with my guest, Sire Jacobs. He’s the main character in my latest novella, Binding Justice from the Bound for Romance anthology. Sire say hello to the nice people out there.

Sire Jacobs. *waives* Hullo. (In his British accent) *moves his cane off to the side and winces* Good to be here Michael. Pardon me, the leg’s givin’ me a bit of trouble today. Need to have Justice massage it for me later.

MM: Ah, *smiles* very true and tell the crowd about yourself and Justice?

Sire: Well, I’m a former Naval officer, transplanted from Birmingham, England not Alabama. I’m in my early fifties and I’d been seeking someone to assist me in my old age. My partner, Justice or Jarvis, his awful god given name, is a young bloke who wishes for guidance and nurturing, something he didn’t get at home.

MM: Right, and we find out in the story the two of you have lots in common, more than you thought?

Sire: Yep. *grunts* We most certainly do. He’s a bit younger, actually but I like ‘em that way.

MM: What’s the one word you would say best describes you?

Sire: Flexible. *laughs*

MM: Why would you say that?

Sire: Well because in the story, I learn to change even in my old age. Being flexible and willing to drop old habits is what Justice needed to see from me to accept my proposition. It was quite agonizing really, but very worth it.

MM: Wonderful. Then give us a word to describe Justice?

Sire: Delicious *grins* (Looks starry eyed) *sighs* He is the love of me life you know. He’s everything this old bugger needed to get his old arse back on track. Someday, I might even let him top me. *tilts head* Okay maybe not… He’ll take full advantage of that.

MM: And in the story, he does test you doesn’t he?
Sire: Yeah, the little shit. *smacks lips and rolls eyes* That’s mainly what this tale is about. Testing limits and boundaries and learning our imperfections together. We have more to learn too, I assure you. Get yourself ready to write more Michael.

MM: (Laughs) I will, I will. Okay, last question. What important lesson do you learn in this tale?

Sire: I’d say, being able to love someone even after losing your spouse is okay. I’m fighting Justice every step of the way but his attitude and willingness to love me and accept me for the ol’ bastard I am, made me see I was capable of loving and being loved again.

MM: Well said Sire. We’ll that’s all the time we have. Thanks so much for joining me at Lindsay’s today.

Sire: Thank you, Michael. Now get back to work. You have a sequel to write!

Links

The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!
Michael Mandrake - http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com
Its Raining Men Blog - http://rainingmenamen.blogspot.com



Blurb - Binding Justice, the only gay fiction romance story in the anthology is a tale of an older man seeking the assistance after losing his wife to cancer. Throughout his life, he has had the desire to be with another man but due to his strict upbringing as well as his time in the armed forces, Sire Jacobs has suppressed those feelings. At the insistence of his gay friend Gabe, he decides to attend a party to find someone of home he can bring this side out. Enter in Jarvis Densley, a twenty three year old gay male, shunned by his parents and looking for someone to mentor and love him.

Apparently, both have similar interests but will Sire's darker desire be what keeps them apart?

Excerpt PG

Sire felt like an old man amongst so many young people. It had been years since he’d been in a place like this.

I’m only here in support of Gabriel.

He reminded himself of that several times. Sire was pretty sure no one coming through that door would catch his eye. By the looks of things he was spot on since the clientele looked to be exactly what he wasn’t looking for.

Did he even know what kind of man he wanted? A young, strong, and pretty one. Not a drag queen or flamer.  

It amazed him he was going over this in his mind as he downed the last of his scotch while still taking in the sights. He never thought he’d get the chance to experience another man.

Still gazing, he noticed Gabe pulling someone’s hand through a crowd. When Sire locked eyes with Gabe, his friend nodded with a smile as the young man with him was turned to the right. After a couple of seconds, Sire got a glimpse of the guy. He was dressed in leather, looking very appealing even from a distance.

Whoa.

Sire sat up on his stool, angling his neck trying to get a good look as the twosome threaded through small throngs of people. Before he knew it, Gabe made his way over with a tall, lanky, gentleman with burgundy hair, brown eyes, chiseled features, and a wry smile. He looked a lot like one of the men on the flyer Gabe had earlier; almost the same outfit, his makeup perfect.

His look was just what Sire wanted.

Gabe grinned, “Sire, this is Jarvis Densley. I been talking with him a few minutes about his choice of clothing. He looks a lot like you asked about, right?”

Sire drew up his lips, stroking his beard.

Jarvis Densley, ugly name for a beautiful man.

2 comments:

Rawiya said...

Thanks for having me. :D

Kellie Kamryn said...

Fun interview and loved the excerpt :)