22 January 2013

Author Interview: Juliette Springs

Happy Tuesday! Brrr...it's cold out up here in Ohio, but the kids are back in school today so I can't complain. Today, I'm hosting Juliette Springs with an interview and a bit about her release, The Karma Chronicles. Enjoy!

Blurb:


Devastated after an emotional break-up, Vanessa decides to finish her fall semester and leave Bear Creek University and the town of Bear Creek forever, certain starting over in a new place will soothe her wounded heart.  Her plans are derailed when her ex-lover returns wanting another chance.  Despite the chemistry between them and their sensual history, should she risk her heart again for a man who told her she wasn’t good enough for him or his tribe?

Bowing to tribal pressure, Sean Yonah was forced to hurt his best friend and lover, the one woman he couldn’t get enough of. Now the Spirits say she may be his “other.” Sean knows what he did was deplorable, but if he doesn’t convince Vanessa to forgive him, he’ll lose a lot more than the love of his life.

Interview:

Tell us a little about yourself, please.
 I started reading romance novels at the age of eleven and have been hooked since.  My preferences are Romance, YA and New Adult.
 In my other life I teach ELA to middle school students. I’m also a mother of three beautiful children (two girls and  a boy). I have a B.A. in English and a Masters in Special Education. I also love to write poetry (when I can find the time). My dream is write full-time and that’s one of my goals for 2013.

What about your latest release?
My latest series The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story started as my NaNo project. It was fun to write. I wanted to write a short romance about a young woman who gets hurt and the ex wants her back. I wanted the ex to suffer a bit too.  I threw in some “darker” elements (racism) and the book was born. It was fun to write.

Ok, let’s get down to the fun stuff. If you were stranded on a lush tropical island, and all of your basic needs were met, what two items would you have with you? What person would be with you? Remember, you’re stuck there for an indefinite period with only each other to occupy the time.
Since I have to be entertained and satisfied I would bring a supply of romance novels and magazines (for entertainment purpose). For satisfaction I would bring my significant other (for the pleasure aspect).

If you could play opposite any of your lead characters, which one would it be and why?
I would play opposite Ivan/Khafil from Sarim’s Scent. Besides being rich and a vampire-he’s a jerk (at least when first met). I would get immense satisfaction in making him humble.  

You’re locked in a closet with Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, three paperclips and a string. How do you get out?
Why would I want to leave?  J
Name five things you can do with a pencil.
Write poetry, Doodle on a sheet of paper, Stand it up on the floor, balance it on my nose and throw it (sharpened) at annoying people.

Who’s your favorite character from your book(s)? Why? Don’t worry, we won’t tell.
Vanessa is my favorite character. She stands her ground and gets the respect and love she’s due.

Where can we find you around the vast interwebs?

What about your books? Where are they being sold at?
www.amazon.com (Sarim’s Scent & The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story)
www.soulmatepublishing.com (Sarim’s Scent)
www.barnesandnoble.com (Sarim’s Scent & The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story)
www.rebelinkpress.com (The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story)
www.bookstrand.com  (The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story)
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/ (The Karma Chronicles~Vanessa’s Story)

Thanks for dropping in! Any last words?
Thanks for having meJ Its been fun!

Available at www.amazon.com

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JulietteSprings



No comments: