25 March 2011

Please welcome Victoria Blisse!


Firstly, Many thanks to Lindsay for hosting me today, it’s a pleasure to be here!
I’m so excited because Artistic Sights, Heavenly Delights is out on Monday. Let me get the blurb out of the way, then you know what the story is about!

He paid her to paint his portrait but he really wanted to steal her heart.
Hermione is an independent, single mother who has caught the eye of Philip Haughtington, society high-flyer and well known heart breaker.
He wants to seduce her and she is determined to resist but how long will she be able to hold out against his looks, charm and firm, commanding hand?

ASHD (abbreviated to save on typing time!) is set at this time of year. I love spring, don’t you? I adore the flowers and one in particular is my favourite.
I love daffodils or, as my daughter used to call them when she was little, dafterbells. However I am also partial to the crocus and all the variation of bells from snow to blue that you see in the spring.
I tried to capture the exuberance of spring in my writing and also, in the UK anyway, the unavoidable spring showers too. This is what happens when the British weather decides to ruin Hermione and Philip’s plans.

Minute droplets of water began to appear on the windscreen, Philip switched on his wipers.
“Maybe it’s just a shower,” he said
The little flecks turned into huge drops that couldn’t be distinguished from each other. “I don’t think I’ll be able to paint in this.” Hermione sighed.
“No, not outside anyway. Is there anything you can work on inside?”
“Well yeah,” she said. “I can do you inside.”
“Wa hey.” He grinned. “What about the painting though?”
She giggled and slapped his arm. “You know what I mean,” she said. “Behave.”
“Well, you can’t blame me for trying. Okay then, we’ll go up to the house and we’ll find somewhere for you to paint in peace.”
Hermione was over-awed the moment she walked in through the side entrance of the manor. Even though they were walking into the kitchen, everything was on a grand scale and she felt as if she was stepping into the backdrop of a fairytale.
“We’ll go into one of the side halls. You should have some good light and it’ll be quiet,. No one ever goes in them except to dust.” He picked out a couple of cans from the huge fridge freezer as he walked past, then led the way into the hall.
The last time Hermione had walked down such a grand hall was when she’d visited a stately home on a school trip. She felt like she was in a museum and the setting just emphasized how different her circumstances were. She didn’t usually consider herself poor. Yes, she had to work hard to look after herself and her daughter, but they always had food to eat and bills got paid. But compared to the affluence of Philip’s home she was a pauper.
She had been wrestling with Philip’s offer all night and had on a couple of occasions fantasised about things going further, a relationship developing and all that would come with that. She had really convinced herself that it could work, they weren’t so different after all. Those dreams showed themselves as what they were as Hermione walked through the chandelier-hung halls to a neglected room that was bigger than her whole flat.
“Will this be okay?” he asked. “It’s not the most comfortable of rooms but the windows are huge.”
“Yeah, this will work,” she said. “I may need some artificial light because there is not much of the real stuff outside right now.” A gust of wind forced the rain against the window with a heavy clatter to emphasise her point. “I’m not quite sure where you should stand or sit, I could do with you in a similar position to that on the log the other day…so I can do some work on your body.”
A flash of rough bark against skin and his hand on her arse coursed through her mind and heated her cheeks.
“Hmm, that’ll be good,” he replied with a smirk. “If I lean up on the back of this sofa here, that’s pretty similar, right?”
Hermione nodded. “I can do you from the waist up there at least.”
“Damn, I was hoping you’d work from the waist down.”
Would you stop that,” Hermione barked. “I just want to get on with this painting, all right?”
“Okay.” He stared at the floor. “I’m sorry. I don’t want to upset you.”
“Well, just sit there and behave then,” she snapped, harder than she meant to really but she was flustered and vulnerable. If he made a move on her she would not be able to resist.

I hope you’ve enjoyed finding out about Artistic Sights, Heavenly delights, remember it will be available to buy on Monday. For more details and another excerpt check here:
(Thanks for dropping in, Victoria, and congratulations on the release!)

1 comment:

Gale Stanley said...

Can't wait to read this one Victoria. I love all your books.