10 June 2011

Guest Blogger Mindi Ferrari!

Hi, everybody! Today, my guest is Mindi Ferrari, author of the upcoming Midnight Assassins from Secret Cravings Publishing. Let's give her a warm welcome! You can find more out about her at her website.

Hi Everyone!

After trying to figure out for quite some time on what things matter the most in any romance novel I am reading, I figure out it was the Hero. We all know him, we all dream about him, and we all sure as hell love to read about him. What is it that we love so much about this Alpha Male that sparks our attention? Is it because we are “holding out for a hero” in our lives or is it something as simple as just being turned on by the attitude they encompass. Most of us writers love to grab a reader’s attention and pull them in tight with our MC’s attitude and actions. We tend to build or characters to allow a ride range of woman to want them. I don’t know how many times I have been reading a novel and have said to myself “please oh please let this man knock on my door right now. I swear I will be a good girl for the rest of my life is you deliver me this man wrapped in a bow on my doorstep.” But for some reason this never works.

This takes me to my other point. How many authors do you stick with because of their style for writing with these delectably delicious men and how they place them into their stories. I know I stick with afew authors, in fact I obsess over them. I am enthralled by JR. Wards Black Dagger Brother Hood Vampire novels and Gena Showalter’s Lords of The Underworld series. I keep coming back for more to get a taste at each new Alpha Male that’s printed across those pages. It is said that the general definition for an Alpha Male is a good looking, well off, confident man who uses his cocky behavior or his witty jokes to make a woman smile. This “male” is also muscular by nature and takes care of his body very well, paying close attention to the ropes of muscle of the lean cuts of beef that we dream of licking, okay okay I’m side stepping and dreaming myself here. Anyways They also know what they want in a woman, and can be very calm and collected in any situation. And last but not least this male is not afraid to show whom he really is no matter who is watching. This is the hero us woman want to read about, and this is the man us writers do write about. We look forward to this man every time we open a new book or close one we just finished. In my new release Midnight Assassin that will be released June 20th I focus so much of my energy on this exact male, of course there is also that side best friend that we fall in love with as well. So with all this being said. I would love to hear who your Alpha Male is in any novel you have read that has gripped you beyond belief.

And last but not least thank you so much Lindsay you are truly awesome for letting me guest blog. As always it is wonderful being on your site!

No comments: