04 November 2011

Guest blogger Mindi Ferrari!

Hello, and please help me welcome Mindi Ferrari! She's a multi-published author, and has graciously agreed to do an interview and reveal a little excerpt from Wicked Games with us.

Please enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

Let’s see, I am paranormal & contemporary romance author. I have been writing full time for about 5 years now and love every minute of it. I like to admit that I am not normal, nor have I ever been. I am as crazy as they come. I have a brain that turns like a hamster wheel, and body that somehow has adopted some form of ADHD. And my attention is like a dog always on to something else, new, and fun. Raised in Las Vegas, Nevada I have always had a passion for reading and writing. Since I was 10 years old I dreamed of writing horror novels. That dream quickly ended with the realization that boys and girls were supposed to not only get along with one another, but they were so supposed to fall in love and live happily ever after. I have taken just about every course college had to offer, majoring in criminal justice, with minor in elementary education & working as a substitute teacher.

How about your latest release

My latest release is a paranormal romance that has just about everything you could want in a supernatural book. Wicked Games was a such a fun book for me to write, and I researched so much information on angels and the apocalypse and even the bible that after I was finished I couldn’t believe all the information I hadn’t known. I will post an excerpt of wicked games here:

Sorrow's reaping skills go above and beyond any other Reaper that has lived, yet she fights with the memory of her father’s death and tries desperately to search for his killer. Signing over her soul to do the otherworld’s dirty work she runs into a man who tries to reassure her that he was not the one who killed her father.

Vengeance is a trained assassin that falls in love with the one woman he was supposed to kill decades ago and searches for her most of his life until the two meet from what they thought was a chance encounter and was really a set-up. Vengeance is unable to let go of the one woman he has searched for centuries. He is completely driven by need to ravish Sorrow and will at any expense.

Four Horsemen being the only ones cast down to earth too fight the apocalypse that’s nearing. Each Angel has a skill and each character tested beyond measures, will the fate of humanity be left in the hands of the underworld, or will Vengeance and Sorrow find a way to save them all.

What was your primary inspiration for this book

Honestly, with this book I started off writing about vampires, which is my main subgenre I write. Before I knew it Sorrow's character was screaming in my head and she was a reaper. Everything in this book came out of nowhere. What once was a vampire romance turned into Angles, Demons, Reapers, Vampires, and humans. A no holds bar fight for humanity. The came these four horseman who I ended up falling totally in love with and realized they all needed their own book.

Do you have any muses

It's strange but one of my muses is a character from Midnight Assassins, a vampire romance, if you have read the book then I'm sure you are very familiar with Jude. My other muse is my husband. He's a very sexy, muscly man that yes, ladies drives me wild and is a huge fantasy of mine still do this day.

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

I control them to a point. I'm sure many authors will agree that sometimes characters can be stubborn and refuse to tell you what happens next, or they simple don’t agree on something you add to the story and it becomes a big back and forth argument on what's best for their story.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow

NO. And God do I wish there was. I can only write when the characters let me.. There are times where I can go days because nothing up there is happening and it drives me nuts. There are times where it just flows from me, but I never force it. I want the story to come out naturally and for it to be a well written book.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

I would be one of my kids, I would trade places and see what is is like in my house and to see how they feel and act when they are in trouble or when they are happy. Since I am always wondering what is going through their mind and why they do the things they do, this would be a perfect opportunity. But never for more than one day.

Five random facts about you:

I love routine every day, I am very picky with my stuff, I chew ice like a maniac, to me my behavior is normal ( I laugh saying that), And I hate stickers, hate them so much that I will run..

Are you working on any new releases later this year

Right now I have three other books in the works, but I'm mainly working on Jude's book, part two to Midnight Assassin’s. I’m hoping to get started on a horror story pretty soon, with NO romance..

Anything else you’d like to say

GO buy Wicked Games and Midnight Assassin you will love these books, they are filled with everything from steamy romance, to action, gore, sadness, and characters to die for. You can go to my website and check out al my books and even email me for an excerpt and a great sneak peek.

Contact info:

No comments: