06 March 2012

Blog Hop: Forsaken

Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday's a good day, right? One step closer to the weekend, anyway. Today I'm hosting an interview with Elise Whyles, author of the Forsaken series. Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

Lol, a little about myself? Hmm where do I start? Well, my name’s Elise Whyles and I love writing outside of  the box. I’ve never studied formally to write, but have spent time in the industry. Currently, I live in British Columbia with two dogs, a leopard gecko, four fish and my family.

How about your latest release?

Forsaken Heart is the first book in the series The Forsaken. It features a sexy, alpha vampire virgin who finds himself on the edge of a war and facing a woman with more than meets the eye.

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

When I started the series idea I was thinking there were somethings in this world we don’t know or see. Things we take for granted – like forgiveness. So, what better way to share those lessons about love, forgiveness, justice, and acceptance – than to write a series with sexy bad boys and hot tempered heroines.

Do you have any muses?

Oh do I? I rely on a lot of things as my muses – dreams, visions, inspiration from a scene in a movie or  book, a word.

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

I start off with control but by about page four they’ve taken the reins as well as a big whip to  beat me into submission with. Not always the easiest thing when you have a character who decides they want to tell their story – not have you dictate it.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

No. I  write when, where, and however I can. There is one thing I require and that’s my  music…it helps me to  keep focused.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

Horse – because they’re majestic, untamed, beautiful, and have the ability to have an edge not controlled by others.

Five random facts about you:

I love to bake
Hate sorting socks
Wanted to learn Spanish
Live near an airport
Love cats

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

Yes, I am. I’m working on Forsaken Paradise – book three in the series, with Ciara Lake working on the even numbered books. As well, I’m currently plotting out A Real Good Man – the first in my Canadian Heros books. I’m not sure if I’ll make it a series or just a trilogy – but as I learn more I’ll keep my readers updated.

Anything else you’d like to say?

Thank you for  having me. I love sharing details of my writing and how it affects me and others.

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):

You can find me at www.elisewhyles.com
http://www.elisewhyles.blogspot.com

No comments: