21 May 2011

Ryssa Edwards Interviews Lucifer!

Hi, everybody! Pleas help me say hello to Ryssa Edwards, author of Dark Angels, All The Stars and Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire, both part of the Immortal Pleasure Series. She's got a fabulous interview with none other than Lucifer, so have a look and enjoy!

Thanks for dropping in, Ryssa!

Hi Lindsay! Thanks for having me.

I’m really excited about my upcoming release Dark Angel, All the Stars. It’s the story of how the Archangel Lucifer falls in love with a mortal.

And since he knows I’m promoting his book, Lucifer was nice enough to sit for an interview. Here it is, my Interview With the Dark Angel

Me: Thanks for coming, Lucifer. That was really nice of you.

Lucifer: Nice? You don’t remember signing the dotted line?

Me: That was to get on your calendar, right?

Lucifer: *way too sneaky smile* Of course. What questions can I answer for you?

Me: Well, I think readers might be wondering what your average day in Hell is like.

Lucifer: Torment.

Me: Not the souls. You. What do you do?

Lucifer: *laughing* Torment. But that’s just to start my morning off right. After I visit the lower chambers to see to see to everyone’s . . .ahhh. . comfort. . . I fly up to my office.

Me: You have an office?

Lucifer: What do you think? That I bathe in flames and just hope Hell keeps going along?

Me: Sort of.

Lucifer: Must be interesting to be human and so limited in your thinking. My office is what you would call a palace. Aery—you know who he is?

Me: Everyone knows who he is. You’ve made him famous. He says that in his interview he’ll be telling all about the bed of flames you two share.

Lucifer: *giving the interviewer a sharp look* I hope he drove a hard bargain for that.

Me: He asked me to take this (interviewer snaps a picture of Lucifer with her phone). He said the look on your face would be priceless. *nervous laughter* He was right.

Lucifer: Your time on my calendar is nearly up. If you stay in Hell past your appointed time, you’ll be here with me quite a few centuries.

Me: *shuffling through my questions* Right. Forgot about that. So, in your office, what do you do?

Lucifer: Review offers from mortals who send me requests to sell their souls. I cull the best ones, and send my imps to make an offer.

Me: Let’s say a reader wants to sell their soul, how would they contact you? Is there a Lucifer.com? Do you have bargain basement sale days?

Lucifer: *leaning way too close* A soul in need of my services will always find me.

Me: Great. So, my next question is the one question that mortals have been ahh. . .burning to know.

Lucifer: If you ask about the apple, I’ll promise you seven years of edits from Hell.

Me: *swallowing* Well, not the apple, exactly, but you know, were you really there in the Garden of Eden?

Lucifer: Of course. I was the most beautiful creature in creation, the most worshipped, until mortals came into the picture. I had to see these new “mirrors of divinity” as they were called. *gives this reporter a slow up and down look* I wasn’t impressed.

Me: But you fell in love with a mortal.

Lucifer: The Garden was eons ago. Aery has changed me. Mortals are more than just souls for sale. I see that now. He loves me. It’s what my brother Raphael would call a miracle.

Me: And you? Do you love him?

Lucifer: *a long thoughtful pause* If I had to, I would let go of every soul I’ve collected since the beginning of time, if it meant I could keep Aery.

*LOUD TICKING*

Me: Looks like my time is just about up.

Lucifer: *wicked smile* Are you sure I can’t entice you to stay?

It was a close call, but I made it out of Hell just before Lucifer’s Infernal Calendar Clock slammed the gate shut.

Lucifer says if you have a soul to sell, you’ll know where to find him.

Dark Angel, All the Stars is coming out on May 28th with Silver Publishing. You can pre-order now on my blog.

My name is Ryssa Edwards and this has been . . an Interview With the Dark Angel

Finding Ryssa on the web:

Blog: http://ryssaedwards.blogspot.com/

Facebook: facebook.com/RyssaEdwards

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Th release date is getting close and the excitement is building.

Great interview with Lucifer and you made it out alive!

My fave answer?

"If I had to, I would let go of every soul I've collected since the beginning of time, if it meant I could keep Aery".
*sigh* Now that's love!

Ryssa Edwards said...

Hi Patricia . . .

Lucifer's got romance!

Thanks for stopping by.

You're entered to win a $5 gift certificate from Silver Publishing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryssa, loved the interview.

I want to say to anyone reading, buy Lucifer's story!! I was lucky enough to get an early read on this. It was so good I bought the 1st in her series.

Hey Ryssa it kind of sounded like Lucifer wanted you hang around for a while?! ;)

Ryssa Edwards said...

Chris. . . it did sound that way, didn't it?

Thought I'd have to sell . . . something.

You're entered to win a $5 gift certificate from Silver Publishing!

Thanks for stopping by. . .

Denise Vega said...

I enjoyed the interview with Lucifer your very brave you couldn't pay me to get within a mile of him thanks for the interview Ryssa

Ryssa Edwards said...

Denise. . . it was hot. . . very hot!

You're entered to win a $5 gift certificate from Silver Publishing!

Thanks for stopping by!