09 December 2011

Blog Hop: Clarissa Yip

Hello, hello! I'd like to welcome you to another blog hop stop for Madame Eve's Christmas anthology. Today, we're saying hello to Clarissa Yip! Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

Hi, my name is Clarissa. I write contemporary romance and I’m a cupcake addict. I will love anyone who will bribe me with sweets and make me laugh.

How about your latest release?

My latest release is Silent Night’s Seduction, a part of Madame Eve’s 1Night Stand Holiday Anthology. I’m very honored to be pubbed with the other awesome authors. Silent Night’s Seduction is Lily’s story. She’s kidnapped, thrown on a plane, and set up on a one-night stand…with her hot District Attorney ex-husband, Rafe Martinez. Oh the possibilities!

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

Lily is actually the one that started it all in Tempting a Cowboy. She’d enlisted Madame Eve to set up her brother Shane, who is a total geek, with Mia, the librarian, so as a chance to get back at Lily, Shane actually does the setting up this time…by helping to kidnap her!

Do you have any muses?

Ohhhhhh, my muse is evil! She comes and goes whenever she pleases. She’s sassy and annoying and totally controlling! And I would call her the Procrastination Queen. When I want to write, she decides to go on vacation. When I’m ready for a break, she decides it’s time to write. What are the chances?

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

Hmm…Actually, I’m very controlling. Usually I spend 2-3 days just plotting and getting to know them before I actually start to write. And sometimes I think I have everything ready and planned, only to have them throw me under the bus and tell me they want to do something else. It’s frustrating.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

Not specifically. I usually like to do some plotting first. Usually, I think I’m ready to initiate the plan, but end up pantsing everything. I always come to a wall in the middle of the story which means I have to do something that would ply my muse out of her nap. I think every book is different so no matter what I do, it depends. Even my music choice is different depending on what I’m writing.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

If I could be an animal, I think I want to be a panda. They look cute but they can bite and they just sit around and eat bamboo all day. I don’t think I’d want to hangout in a zoo or anything. Maybe a bamboo forest where it’s close to a river that I can go frolic in.

Five random facts about you:

I love cupcakes. I scrapbook. I love video games. I won’t eat wet bread. I can speak almost five languages.

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

I am! I have one more book in my Tempting Series for 1Night Stand at Decadent Publishing, and I’m also working on a few series projects for Entangled Publishing. I can’t wait to see them completed, but of course that would mean cooperation from my evil muse…

Anything else you’d like to say?

Thanks for joining me at Lindsay’s Scribblings! I had a wonderful time here. Please check out my website at http://clarissayip.com. I have LOTS going on! Prizes everywhere! I also run Romance Author Hotspot and we’re having a huge holiday bash with publishers, awesome authors, and romance vendors at http://romanceauthorhotspot.com coming soon!

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):


No comments: