06 December 2011

Blog Hop: Desiree Holt

Welcome to this fantabulous blog hop! I'll be featuring guests the remainder of this month from the 1NS Christmas anthology. Up today is Desiree Holt, a magnificent author. She's here with an interview. Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

I live in the Texas Hill Country where I find all my sexy, hunky cowboys and ranches that have provided the setting for many of my stories. I live waaay back in the hills with my three cats and a herd of deer. I love to read and I’m an obsessed football nut. I love to read and I’m addicted to romantic suspense novels. I love the process of writing because I’m a story teller at heat. I drive a big, big pickup which I use in a lot of my stories along with my handy dandy 9mm that I carry. I’ve had a variety of careers and they all provide background for my stories.

How about your latest release?

I loved writing He Came Upon a Midnight Clear, part of the  Madam Eve’s 1 Night Stand Christmas Anthology from Decadent Publishing.

Cody Alvarez needed to find a wife by Christmas or he would lose the ranch his uncle left to him. Libby Morris just needed, for once in her life, to feel desired. Sensual. Appealing. Especially after an intense reshaping at a high-end spa. Invited to Christmas Week at the Castillo Lodge in Alaska by Madame Eve of 1Night Stand, Cody and Libby were not given the names of the partners chosen for them. As they were forced to wait until they learned who their one-night stands were, they discovered an incredible spark of chemistry and a connection stronger than either had experienced before. Would spending a very erotic night together ruin their arrangements or give them another option?

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

Think of all the women (me included) who wish they could find a man who loved a woman with lush curves instead of a stick figure. Then think of a cowboy so intent on running his ranch that he hasn’t had time to get a life. We all know people like that, right? The story sort of rolled out of me one day and there it was.

Do you have any muses?

Well…I write best to reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger> I guess you could call Chuck Norris my muse!

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

OMG. They flog me badly. My stories are all character-drive, and I’ll start out with my main protagonists firmly in my brain until they start unfolding in my computer. Then they just never behave, no matter how I struggle. I’m having that problem right now. I can’t put my hero in the mold I created for him. Sigh! I guess I’ll just have to let him have his way with me.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

Not really, except I do get my promo out of the way in the morning and answer my emails. When I start writing for the day I don’t interrupt myself. I’m not really a plotter but I now work on more than one project at a time, so I’ve had to create outlines and brief character sketches to keep my plots and characters in order. I don’t write at night. That’s when I read, watch television and make notes on ideas that come to me about what I wrote that day.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

Wolf, definitely, I write a lot of shapeshifter stories and they always shift into wolf form. I think the wolf is a romantically savage beast, one of the most magnificent animals on earth.

Five random facts about you:

I’d sell my soul for a slice of pepperoni pizza
I have a tattoo of my late husband’s Stetson on my leg
My favorite alcoholic drink is Jack Daniel’s Black Label

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

Already schedule are Stark Naked and He Came Upon a Midnight Clear. In January Boots and Buckskins will release. I just contracted a three-novella series, Erector set and a four-novella series, Attack Force. Plus I am working on Book Four in the Night Seekers series, Book 5 in The Phoenix Agency, a western novella and the sequel to Joy Ride. And I have a very, very gritty erotic romantic suspense, Out of Control, currently in final edits.

Anything else you’d like to say?

I love my readers and hope they’ll email me and follow me on Facebook, Twitter and my blog. And to all aspiring authors out there, never, ever give up.

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):
Twitter: @desireeholt
Facebook: /desireeholt

No comments: