22 December 2011

Blog Hop: Rebecca Royce

Welcome back! Today, I'm hosting Rebecca Royce. She's another splendid author form the Madame Eve's 1NS Christmas anthology! She's here today with an interview, so without further babbling from me, enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

As a teenager, I would hide in my room to read my favorite romance novels when I was supposed to be doing my homework. I hope, these days, that my parents think it was worth it.

I am the mother of three adorable boys and I am fortunate to be married to my best friend. We live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.

I am in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and try to use all of these elements in my writing. I've been told I'm a little bloodthirsty so I hope that when you read my work you'll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. I love to write series because I love to see characters develop over time and it always makes me happy to see my favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.

In my world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.

How about your latest release?

I’ll Be Mated For Christmas is a 1NS story from Decadent Publishing. If you are unfamiliar with that line, they are, essentially, multi-authored short stories that take place in one evening, at a date arranged by the mysterious Madame Eve and it takes a look at how one night can change your life. 

Here is a blurb for I’ll Be Mated For Christmas.

Bethany Johnson grew up one of the only humans in a pack of werewolves. She didn’t have an easy time and her self-confidence was almost non-existent. Finally, after some serious psychotherapy and the help of weight-loss surgery, she is feeling like the Bethany she has always wanted to be. But now she has to say goodbye to the werewolves in her life. Out with the old and in with the new this year…

Luke Denarius is the new Alpha of the Delta pack. He’s never met Bethany but the second he scents her he knows she is his. No way is she going off to Italy for adventure and hot sex with other men.

With the help of Madame Eve these two will find that a mating is in the works for Christmas.

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

I had written a 1NS story before called One Night With A Wolf. The idea was presented to me to write a holiday-themed novel and I started to play around with some ideas of who the characters could be and what their individual stories were.

My best friend is a bariatric surgeon, she does weight-loss surgery and I’m always, always impressed with her abilities. She gives people a second chance at life that they might never have been able to have on their own. Maybe they never would have gotten that weight off on their own. 

I had wanted to write a heroine who had weight-loss surgery and was starting over with a new life but still had to deal with some of the ramifications of why she had gotten into that position in the first place.  This seemed like the ideal setting. And Bethany was born. After that Luke just presented himself to me.  They were a perfect fit.

Do you have any muses?

I have a muse and she dictates what I write. LOL

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

They flog me into shape. Its really not pretty.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

I open up a Word document. I save it. I put it in double space and I write until I reach page 13. I know this sounds odd but its my routine.  In the first draft, all of my chapters are 13 pages. This alters greatly with the editing process.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

Just for one day, I’d like to be a pampered Siamese cat.

Five random facts about you:

I have red hair and fair skin. The sun is not my friend but I love it.

I have a Border Collie and a Beagle. 

I love to read and if I have nothing else to do in a day, I can read a whole book in one sitting

I’m a worrier.

I love red wine when we’re out to dinner

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

I am always working on something else. LOL. On my blog, www.rebeccaroyce.com I keep the most complete list of upcoming books.

Anything else you’d like to say?

I’m just so glad to be here and so grateful you had me today!

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):


No comments: