27 February 2012

Blog Hop: Ella Jade!

Happy Monday! Am I allowed to say that? Today I'm hosting Ella Jade, another author from the Love Again anthology. Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

Hi! My name is Ella Jade. I'm a multi-published Contemporary Romance author. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. The stories and plots have always played out in my head but I never knew what to do with them. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry. Now I'm writing novels at a rapid pace and I can't be stopped.

How about your latest release?

Home is part of the Ruby Lioness Press Love, Again Anthology. Here's a little blurb…

Dr. Chase Avery has worked hard to give his high school sweetheart and the love of his life Elyse Jacobs the life she deserves. But in working toward their happily ever after, he may have gotten sidetracked and missed out on the important things in life. He's constantly moving toward the next step in making their future perfect that he forgot to live in the moment. He's stunned when Elyse walks out. She can't deal with being second and now Chase has to live with his mistakes.

Chase finds himself alone and overworked on Valentine's Day. He tries hard to fight the memories of his lost love. What happens when she shows up at his house unexpectedly? Can an old flame be rekindled or is it nothing more than one last night of passion?

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

When I saw the theme for the anthology I wanted to come up with a way for the hero to not only get a second chance at a love lost, but I wanted him to have redemption too.


Do you have any muses?

The characters inspire me. I love coming up with new and creative ways of bring them together and having them realize they truly belong with one another.

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

I let them take me where they want to go. They talk, I listen. And luckily for me, they talk often.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

As soon as I put my last one on the bus, I head to the gym and then to Starbucks for an Iced Tea and then my writing day begins. I try write for a good five hours. When I'm really caught up in a plot, I pick it back up after the kids are in bed.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

In my house we're true Disney fans. We love going to Disney World and we're headed there again this summer. But there isn't a day that I don't wish I'm amongst all that magic. So, I'd say I wish I were at Hollywood Studios right now riding the Tower of Terror!


Are you working on any new releases later this year?

Yes, I'm in edits for Crossfire of Love scheduled to release on 3/19/12. I've recently signed a contract for a novel called Passion's Pain. And I've just finished a Novella called Make Me Stay. I'm in the submission process for that one.

Anything else you’d like to say?

I'd just like to thank the readers and friends I've made in the past year. You guys have been amazing and I hope you'll continue to get lost in my words.

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):


Thanks for having me.

No comments: