28 February 2012

Blog Hop: Melissa Kendall!

Happy Tuesday! Today's guest is Melissa Kendall. Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

I am a 36-year-old stay home Aussie mum. I have one son who is 3. When I’m not writing I work part-time as a Software Support Consultant and I also do some book cover design work.

How about your latest release?

My latest release is a short story called ‘Life in Suitcases’ and it is include as part of Ruby Lioness Press’s Love Again Anthology

What was your primary inspiration for this book?

It was just an idea my mind came up it with. What would the story be like if two characters had to find their way back one another? Within a day or two I had 7000 plus words written.

Do you have any muses?

Not really for the most part all of my story ideas just come to me at random completely inopportune times. But if am going to be inspired by something it is usually a picture and occasionally a song.

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

I think they flog me into shape my stories usually play like a movie in my mind and I just write what is happening.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

No particular routine but I write best when I am alone and it is completely quiet. This usually only occurs after midnight.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

I would love to be an elephant just loping around some wide open plain.

Five random facts about you:

I live in Perth Western Australia
My grammar and punctuation usually suck unless I am writing smut then it seems to be perfect for some reason.
I have visited more than half of the US states.
If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Hawaii.
I want to visit all Disneyland’s in the world, before I die. So far I have been to all the LA parks, all the Florida parks and the Hong Kong park.

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

Yes I have a novel coming out in the second half of 2012 called Matronly Duties. It is a dystopian romance set one hundred years in the future.

Anything else you’d like to say?

Just that I hope people enjoy my writing and I would love them to come say hi on twitter.

Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):


Flash Fiction:

As I turn the news off, I look out the window worried about the locust plague that is supposedly heading our way.
The last two years crops have been measly at best, due to the drought, and now we have these flying pests to deal with.
Sitting on the front porch, gun on my lap, I wait. I know it isn’t going to actually help me fight of this latest threat to my lively hood. It is a comfort though and worse comes to worst I could always use it on myself.
It is a morbid thought I know, but if I lose this year’s crop, my life will be over anyway.

No comments: