07 February 2012

Blog Hop: Liz Crowe

Hello, all! Another fabulous day in the life of the interwebs. Today, I'm welcoming Liz Crowe. She's here to discuss her newest release, Floor Time, the first of The Realtor Series. Enjoy!


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:

I’m very likely the most overcommitted individual you will ever meet. I have a hard time with “down time” perhaps. But I am part owner and marketing/sales director a fast growing craft microbrewery in Michigan. And I have 2 teenage daughters at home who either play soccer incessantly or require my attentions otherwise. I have an English degree and have had 7 books published since 2010.

How about your latest release?

Floor Time, first of The Realtors Series with Tri Destiny Publishing:

Jack Gordon is Ann Arbor's most delectable bachelor.  At age thirty-five, he's made millions as a top-selling Ann Arbor real estate broker and has the right connections to close a deal by any means necessary. With his rugged good looks and compelling personality, he has a virtual black book most men would kill for and he uses it often, never settling for one woman for very long.
While his D/s past remains buried, exactly where he wants it, an undercurrent of boredom and dissatisfaction runs through his life now.  Disastrous experience years earlier made him swear off the whole scene, but the more Jack suppresses his natural Dom, the more his frustration grows.   
Sara Thornton, just a rookie in the field, has fast-tracked herself to the top of the Ann Arbor real estate market. Her life evolves into a disciplined and focused routine, exactly what she wants.  However, as her career takes off, the fulfillment she seeks remains inexplicably out of reach.  The one thing she knows for sure, she will not join the Jack Gordon groupies in her company, no matter how tempting that might seem.

A chance encounter, then a difficult transaction, throw Jack and Sara together and the sparks fly high and hot and often. Forced to confront the compulsions that gain momentum with each sizzling encounter, their relationship seems to spiral out of control until Jack finally admits what he needs, and shows Sara what she's been missing


What was your primary inspiration for this book?

I sold real estate for nearly eight years, was a success at it and used its stresses and many personalities I encountered to created Jack and Sara’s story.

Do you have any muses?

Hans, my 6’5” blond haired blue eyed wonder boy of a muse wears lederhosen and no shirt. Back away ladies. He’s mine.

Do you control your characters or do they flog you into shape?

I completely control them.

When you write, is there a special routine you follow?

Other than becoming what you could call utterly obsessed project-by-project, no. Hans whispers ideas lovingly into my ear, pours me a craft beer, and watches while I head write a bit, then sit at a keyboard until the damn thing is done.  He gets a kick out of it really. At the moment he is sitting in the corner pouting because I won’t let him whisper to me until I get my current projects through editing/promotion.  He is very cute when he’s pouting.

If you could be one animal, person, or at a place for a day what/who/where would it be?

I would be that writer, who snagged That Agent, who then procured That Contract from That Publisher that lead to That Premium Cable Series—the day that all came together. I’d be that person.

Five random facts about you:

I’m a preacher’s kid.
I hate (no despise) to cook.
I can brew beer although I pay a couple of guys to do it for me.
I’ve lived in 3 foreign countries in my adult life.
My favorite soccer team is Real Madrid.

Are you working on any new releases later this year?

Oh heavens, I’m always working on SOMETHING. The 2 follow ups to FLOOR TIME will release in February/March so you can continue to follow Jack and Sara’s story through SWEAT EQUITY and CLOSING COSTS.

I also have a really fun brewery-based intrigue, mystery, hot romance called CHEEKY BLONDE coming from Decadent Publishing plus the prequel (THE DIPLOMAT’S DAUGHTER) and follow up novel (FLOWER PASSAGE: TARKAN’S STORY) to my very popular Turkish Delights trilogy with Decadent.
And I’m thrilled to say I just sold a novel to Ellora’s Cave. “LUST ON TAP” is a brewery-based ménage romance that will release at some point in 2012.


Contact info (Facebook, Twitter, website, blog):

Writing blog: www.brewingpassion.com
Twitter: beerwencha2

3 comments:

Liz said...

thanks for having me Lindsay

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, a great interview! And learned some new things about Liz. LOL Wishing you all the best in success! :)

Willa Edwards said...

I feel tired just reading your list of to dos. I thought I was crazy and incapable of downtime (my family jokingly calls me multitasking murtle, I don't love it), but you blow me away. Congrats on all your success. I'm sure its just the beginning of more to come.